#Music: OneBeat International Cultural Exchange open to Nigerian Artists#Nigeria is among the eligible countries to participate in this year's OneBeat International Cultural Exchange program tha...
Slim Burna Biography (Nigerian Singer/Music Producer)Slim Burna's biography is showcased on Nigeria Music Network. Slim is a fast-rising Nigerian music artist who sings, raps,...
Official lyrics of 'Bad Girl' by Nuel King (Nigerian Music Artist)Get familiar with the official lyrics of Nuel King's hot new single 'Bad Girl', which is a blend of reggae dancehall and R...
An interesting post Wizkid found on Facebook about Nigerian PastorsRead an interesting post Wizkid found on Facebook about Nigerian Pastors and their deceptive preaching of God for wealth t...
Innocent Ujah Idibia, best known as Tuface (2face) Idibia is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, actor and record producer, a member of the defunct R&B/hip hop group Plantashun Boyz which comprises 2Face, Faze,and Black Faze. He is currently one of the most popular artistes on the African music scene. More on 2face Biography below.
2face Idibia was born in Jos, Plateau State and hails from Okpokwu local government area and from the Idoma ethnic group in the southern part of Benue State, Nigeria.
He attended Mount Saint Gabriel's Secondary School in Makurdi, Benue State. He schooled briefly in the Institute of Management & Technology, IMT, Enugu, one of the country's foremost higher institute of learning where he did his preliminary National Diploma course in Business Administration. Though, he didn't finish but would hone his skills in music by performing in shows and parties organised by the IMT and some other schools like Enugu State University of Science & Technology, Enugu (ESUT) and University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC).
His major breakthrough in the IMT was composing and singing the jingles in the famous radio show GB Fan Club in Enugu State Broadcasting Services (ESBS) in 1996. He then relocated to Lagos and joined up with his ex-IMT mate BlackFace to form Plantashun Boyz. He started calling himself "2Face" in 1996. "The name to me just refers to the outside and inside: when you first see me you see the outside but when you get to know me, you see the inside" he said in an interview with the BBC.
His award winning hit track "African Queen" was used as the sound track of the 2006 comedy film, Phat Girlz. This made him even more recognized internationally.
The Plantashun Boyz came together briefly in 2007 to record an album which they titled 'Plan B'.
He also released a promotion album in 2008 which has spawned a hit Enter the Place which was written by Churks though one of his least successful hits ever, did well in some charts. The Promo CD is said to have faced distribution and sales problems, going unnoticed in some areas of the country. It has led to the shift of the release date of the album from 2008 to 2009 instead of the proposed release date announced in 2007.
Tuface previously released two lead off singles from the international version of his Unstoppable album and is the first Nigerian artist to have an appropriately priced. He is also reported to have recorded a single with Mary J. Blige in 2010 with his Unstoppable Album (The Intl. Edition). He won two Awards at the 2010 SMVA, he also won the Chanel O Most Gifted Western African and the MTV African Music Awards ( Best Male and Artist of the year) making him the most successful Pop Singer in Africa. He is the lead vocalist of the Sony All African 08 Project alongside 7 other stars across Africa recording their first singles with R.Kelly titled 'Hands Across The World'. He was also known for his narrow escapes from death, He had close shave with death three times, at different locations and times.
* MTV Europe Awards 2005 - Best African Act
* MOBO Awards 2007 - Best African Act
* Channel l Music Video Awards 2005 - Best Male Video and Best African Video (both for "African Queen")
* KORA Awards 2005 - Revelation of the Year
* Hip-Hop World Awards 2006 - Special Recognition Award
* 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best African Pop ("Ole")
* 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best African West ("Ole")
* Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2006 - Special Recognition Award. Nigeria Breakthrough Artist of the Year
* Nigerian Music Awards 2008 - Album of the Year and R&B Song of the Year
* World Music Awards 2008 - Best Nigerian Act 
* MTV Africa Music Awards 2009 - Best R&B
* Channel O Music Video Awards - Most Gifted West African Video
* 2010 SoundCity Awards [ Best Pop Video ( Implication ) & Best Western ]
* 2010 Channel O Music Video Awards [ Most Gifted Western African ]
* MTV Africa Music Awards 2010 [ Best Male & Artist Of The Year]
- * 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards - Artist of the Year & Best Male & Best Video ("Enter the Place")
- * MOBO Awards 2005 - Best African Act